Friday, December 7, 2007

Soundslides

Really the only thing I can say about the Soundslides article from Poynter Online, is that I think it's really how how the inventor came up with it. I think it's a medium that will continue to grow and journalists continue to experiment with their work.

The article said that not many hard news stories have be done using an audio slideshow... and I wonder what these stories actually look like.. it's kind of hard to image a "hard" news story like that.

While i haven't seen a hard news story, i have watched really long audio slideshows that just drag along... I like visuals, but unless there is something that really goes with the audio, definetly don't use it. I've been confused numerous times by slides that have nothing to do with the audio. it made me wonder why they were using that picture at that exact time.. and then i completely forgot what the person was saying!

No comments: